Monday, 15 March 2010

Here's my first foray into the world of blogging. I love reading them, so perhaps I should offer my own to the online world too!

I'd never really thought about it before, but I hope this can become an account of my experience as an 'adult' ballerina (I hate that expression, it makes me feel so old!) and also my thoughts about all things balletic. I'm always interested in what other people think, so do comment, I'll look forward to hearing from anyone who has anything to say on my topics!!

First things first, I'd just like to recommend a far superior blog to my own... I know one shouldn't say such things when setting up alone, but if one day I could become even half as engaging as Elise, I'd be very impressed with myself!

http://elise-wwwwords.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you are too kind. I am humbled by your reaction and delighted that you have taken the plunge!

    I loved your first post. I am very envious that you saw Oughtred, who, like you, I have been keeping my eye on. I interviewed her a while ago because she is much missed at the RB.

    I too loved her White Cat. I thought it the best I've ever seen. But of course, she should be a Principal dancer and if she had to move in order for that to happen - well, that's a great shame but a massive star for BRB. I would love to see her Aurora and feel as though I have through your post. Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I've now added you to my blog reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's great that you're going for it again with ballet. And on pointe! Wow, I don't know if that's in the cards for me, but my goal is to enroll in a ballet class again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Elise and Angela!

    I'm really enjoying ballet - and the pointe is not exactly going quickly, but it feels worth it.

    I'm also (thanks Elise!) enjoying the blogging! But must remember to keep my posts short. I think I have a bad case of verbal incontinence at times!

    ReplyDelete