Friday, 14 May 2010

Isn't it great when things work out for the best?


I have a job! It's the job I wanted (even several posts ago) and I couldn't be happier.

Yesterday my boss took me to one side to tell me that he was extending my contract. He'd agonised over telling me as I had another interview today and he didn't want to stop me from interviewing. My opinion of him has gone through the roof over his whole approach to this. Most people would have advised against (or even insisted I retract) going for the new job, but he made it a condition of offering me an extension on my contract. I feel I really have a boss who is looking out for me for the best. How lovely was that?!

I didn't get the job today, but I am so so pleased I didn't. I did my best, and I am proud of what I did, but it would have been such a wrench to drag myself away from my wonderful colleagues and a job that I love to start afresh. If I had got the job, I would have felt compelled to do so for my professional development, but I didn't, so I get to consolidate, enjoy and settle down for a year. I am SO pleased!

I was so sad that I didn't get the job a week ago, but things have worked out. I could sing with joy I'm so happy!

So happy, in fact, I'm going to try on some new pointe shoes tomorrow! Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Well done you. How lovely to be around people with integrity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, absolutely! Apologies for the absence for a while, whilst I'd like to say I've been celebrating, I have in fact been madly marking end of year assessments and writing reports (I am a primary teacher in my real life!). Not the greatest of fun but absolutely essential (and important for my children and their parents).

    Still, I'm going to post a couple of posts right now... Lots to update :-)

    ReplyDelete