Wednesday, 23 June 2010

This time tomorrow...


So, less than 24 hours to go. Lessons all complete and I can honestly say I've tried my hardest. I've been practising putting together enchainement, and I'm honestly getting better (not brilliant, but better!), and the pas de bourrees over and under/ under and over aren't the stuff of nightmares anymore. One, maybe two last run throughs of the syllabus CD I have before the exam at 5.50pm tomorrow.

I'm aiming for at least a highly commended. I may be really disappointed, mess up the exam and fail to reach my target, but I figure writing it down makes it more plausible in that I'm focusing myself on the goal. I'm taking all that positive psychology (where you picture yourself doing it the best you've ever done etc!) and I'm putting it into practise. I'm setting aside my inner doubting demon, and I'm going to put it down in writing: I *want* and am setting out to get, at least a highly commended. Honours would be awesome, anything from a pass upwards is completely acceptable, but I figure I've worked hard enough to set my sights relatively high.

All that remains to be said is: wish me luck, or merde, or break a leg, or whatever it is that dancers say. This time tomorrow it'll all be over...

3 comments:

  1. will be thinking of you and wishing you well.


    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. merde ! And I want to know all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thank you. I really appreciate it. Will email BN with full details.

    M - thank you too!

    ReplyDelete