Monday, 26 July 2010

Following Our Dreams

This post is dedicated to my wonderful middle (little) sister, Kate, whose blog (misswatsonincambodia.blogspot.com) is just starting out, as she does, on an adventure into life in Cambodia.

Last September we both, independently, came to the realisation that just because we were grown up, didn't mean we had to stop following our dreams. She had always wanted to travel, so for her, it meant taking the financially pragmatic approach of finding a job in a far flung location (hence Cambodia.) For me, it meant rediscovering the passion for performance (both dance and acting) that I had always had, but since the start of my working life 4 years ago, had let fall by the wayside. So, whilst Kate begins her adventure on the other side of the world, I have begun, and continue, to travel on my own journey as an adult ballet student, feeling like I am finally being true to myself by pursuing that element of performance I have always enjoyed.

"Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal"

This quotation has haunted me for years, but never has it held more meaning. To anyone who has a dream, all I can say is start following it now, begin your adventure because it's never too late! It will be worth it.

3 comments:

  1. What an adventure! Great advice and I love both of your enthusiasm.

    And you'll be so perfect at the wedding. Will you post pictures? I am excited to see the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How amazing for your sister! I found you through the Dancing Branflake blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that sounds amazing!

    Missy
    Designer sunglasses giveaway!!
    http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete