Wednesday, 21 July 2010

Shock and Elation

A really quick and slightly bemused post to say I passed my exam. But I didn't just pass, I passed with honours, which is the highest category awarded.

I'm totally bemused but, obviously, completely elated, as I was absolutely certain I'd messed up. My feedback said I had a very 'balletic approach and responded well to direction' - my marks for performance quality were higher than for the other categories (musicality and technique), so obviously, dancing from the heart helps. Clearly I don't know myself nearly as well as I thought I did.

Tomorrow is the end of my working year, and I feel like I'm going out on a high. I'm thrilled! To everyone who supported me through kind words and advice: thank you! I really do appreciate it, and it obviously paid off!

Now: to sleep, perchance to dream (of ballet and sugar plum fairies and summer holidays, of course!)

3 comments:

  1. That's wonderful! You should be proud. All that hard work, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I still can't quite believe it, but I now have the results sheet and it's definitely an 86! I am still speechless, but utterly utterly happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations, it must be nice to know that it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete