Sunday, 9 January 2011

What I've been waiting to share with you...

Image: Bex Singleton
Courtesy of Ballet News


I mentioned my new year's eve was out of this world, thanks to Ballet News and I can finally share this with you too!

I've been dying to tell you all about what I did, but I didn't want to spoil anything for the wonderful Elise (Ballet News), but a while back, I won a competition to watch rehearsals at English National Ballet. As I'm restricted by school times, it's taken some time to arrange, but finally, and on New Year's Eve, my prize became a reality.

I had an amazing time, watching a range of dancers and rehearsals of Rudolf Nureyev's Romeo and Juliet, and was simply blown away by the whole experience. You can read more about it (and see some fantastic images by the wonderful Bex Singleton) at this link to Ballet News.

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS! You are sooooooo lucky to get to go see them! I would die if I could watch them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It *was* amazing - they work SO hard. It's awe inspiring to watch the rehearsals, and how beautiful the dancers look, whilst being 2 feet away from them and hearing their extremely exhausted breathing through impeccable smiles. Amazing. I have so much respect!

    ReplyDelete