Friday, 30 September 2011

Excitement

So, it's been a while, but this evening, all things being well, Mr B and I are going to the ballet. I am so, so excited!

Northern Ballet are coming to Nottingham with their highly acclaimed Cleopatra and I just can't wait. It feels like it's been so long since I've been, or even dared to enjoy watching ballet (knowing that I'm not allowed to do it for now), that it feels like an enormous step to be going to see this. Add to this the excitement of the fact that it's an entirely new show with new choreography and a new score, as well as the fact that it's been labelled a 'grown up ballet' and I just can't wait!

I'll let you know if it lives up to the reviews (I hope it does)!

2 comments:

  1. I have just stumbled across your blog and in all honesty couldn't be more surprised. Here I was thinking that I was a rarity and lamenting the fact that there was probably noone who was doing what I was doing and then I discover you! I too am a primary school teacher (10 - 13 year olds) and I too am dance crazy and thus take the dance group at school. Having had a bit of a gap since dancing as a teenager I have just gotten back into ballet and contemporary now as an adult and am beginning the process of starting my ballet teaching qualification. Small, small world! I'll continue to read your blog with interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks purplemagnolia - what coincidence! You'll have to keep me up to date on your progress. As you may have worked out, I'm on a bit of a break from actual dancing at the moment, but I intend to return as soon as my health is much better!
    H x

    ReplyDelete