Saturday, 26 November 2011

Please sponsor me!


In February 2012, I turn 30. This is a momentous month, of course, and to make it even more significant, I've also decided to take part in a sponsored tandem sky dive for BEAT, a UK charity supporting a cause very close to my heart. It will be freezing cold here, and I will be launching myself into the freezing air from a massive 10,000 feet.


If you have followed my blog you will know that earlier this year I spent a (very long) month in hospital with Anorexia Nervosa. I am lucky. I have amazing friends and family and I have had brilliant care within the NHS. But there are hundreds of sufferers who don't get the support they need. BEAT is a charity that provides very real and practical support to sufferers and carers of those with all kinds of eating disorders, many of whom can't access the kind of support I've had. It also runs outreach and support programmes into schools to target vulnerable young people. 


Trust me - they are an AMAZING charity, I wouldn't be considering such a crazy act if I didn't wholly believe in what they do!


So, this is my plea to you, dear blog readers. I have a target of £395 sponsorship and a little over 2 months to hopefully smash this target... I'd be ENORMOUSLY grateful if you could donate, even 50p will help me to meet this target - follow this link if you think you can help!


http://www.doitforcharity.com/HannahJ


Thank you, thank you, thank you!
www.b-eat.co.uk the UK's national charity supporting sufferers and carers

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I saw this and I was so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be sponsoring you just as soon as a can locate my wallet.... You are so brave and I'm so proud of you for how far you've come!!! Big hugs darling!!!

    ReplyDelete