Sunday, 6 November 2011

Reclaiming my life

Many of you will know that I have been out of action, both ballet and work wise, since May now. A sure fire sign that I'm really getting back to being me again is that I am itching (almost literally) to get back to some form of employment. As lovely as it is to meet friends for coffee, or to lie in most mornings, I crave the structure of employment; the feeling of accomplishment after a day or week's work and the luxury of having some R&R time in a busy schedule. Strangely, R&R time loses its appeal when it's all you do every day. I guess it's all about balance.

I feel like I'm perched on edge of a new frontier. I am mindful of not sliding backwards in my recovery, but also desperate to reclaim my life, move onwards and forge a happier future for me, Mr B and [hopefully] our family yet to come. A while back I made the big decision that I didn't want to return to teaching, and although each time I said that I balanced it with 'but never say never', I am very much resolute in this decision for the forseeable future.


So, it is with enormous excitement and great trepidation that I go into this week, as on Thursday I have an interview for a part time job working in outreach management to primary schools at a local university. I couldn't be more on board with the ethos of the programme from a sociological or philosophical point of view. And... (I whisper the next sentence so as not to tempt fate...) I happen to think I'd be rather good in the role. All I have left to do is finalise my presentation and sort out my interview outfit.

Wish me luck.  I am a great believer in fate, but a little luck never goes a miss! I am sure if it is meant to be it will be (and if it's not, let's hope there are bigger, as yet unforeseen, plans afoot).

Wise words I intend to keep in mind this week!



2 comments: