Thursday, 5 January 2012

My perfect birthday cake

If I hadn't mentioned it, I turn 30 on the 5th February (yes, that's right, the big - 3-O - I'm throwing myself out of a plane in it's honour. Sponsor me at: www.doitforcharity.com/hannahj) - and the lovely Mr B has been planning a tea party for me. The idea is that we will have lots of tea and lots of birthday cake and all my friends will come and celebrate with me!

Now I know some people love planning parties and weddings and all things celebratory, but sadly, I'm not one of those people. I even had a wedding planner for my own wedding because just thinking about the organisation sent my blood pressure skywards. But Mr B is not phased, and has been making arrangements for some time now (which I will tell you about soon, I promise) and I'm almost getting excited as there is less than a month to go... Which is where this picture comes in:

courtesy of: glorious treats
Isn't it amazing?! I will happily admit to being a girly girl, but this is pink sugaryness taken to another level. It's just so, so pretty, I have to learn to make it so that it is a beautiful centrepiece for my birthday tea-party, it's like a grown up version of the pink ballerina cakes I had as a child. So, I have just 28 days to perfect this. I hope my work colleagues like cake, as I fear there may be a few practise-runs before I get it right!

1 comment:

  1. YUM!! I turn the big 3-0 this year as well. Instead of throwing myself out of a plane i'd like to leave the country and disapear for the day haha. Happy early birthday :) It's just a number, i always remind myself that.

    ReplyDelete