Thursday, 1 November 2012

Dancing in the rain

I was recently given a card with these words on it. It's not the first time I've heard the expression (in fact it's one my husband will often quote) but it is, perhaps the first time I've really understood the meaning. Life isn't always easy. That's a platitude, I know, and one I've churned out myself, but it's true. It's not always easy. Being alive isn't just about the good bits. We can only really appreciate the good if we've known the bad, but granted, most of us would rather not experience the bad if we had a choice. But that's life: The good, the bad and the ugly. And I suppose these words were never truer: If we waited for all of life's storms to pass, or for the sun to always shine we'd miss out on all the opportunities for real life; the opportunities to dance every type of dance and not just the joyous ones; the chance to really live, because that's what makes us human, and that's what makes us interesting, varied creatures with stories to tell and experiences to regale. From a purely practical point of view, let's face it, I live in England: if I never went outside in inclement weather, I'd spend well over half of my life stuck indoors, missing out!



1 comment:

  1. So so true xx And I think you have shown what strength you have t do this, even when it might be really stormy xx

    ReplyDelete